Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Kemar Roach hat-trick West Indies won by 215 runs

“His words this morning really inspired me. I consider Dwayne as my big brother and he said to me, ‘go hard, enjoy it and always be confident of whatever you do’, and I feel proud to have done it,” Roach added.

The wrecker-in-chief of Netherlands innings, West Indies speedster Kemar Roach says that bowling fast will be his mantra in the ongoing ICC Cricket World Cup.

After taking his team to a massive 215-run win over Netherlands in ICC CWC Group B encounter, Roach was over the moon after becoming only the sixth player to take a hat-trick in tournament history.

“To take a World Cup hat-trick and six wickets in all is an awesome feeling. I feel really proud of myself and the team,” he said, after returning with the outstanding figures of 6 for 27 in 8.3 overs.

He said that it was not a conscious strategy by the team to bamboozle the less-fancied Netherlands batsmen with raw pace.

“I think playing real fast bowling is a tough ask for any batsman, especially if you bowl with right line and length. Today, it worked for me and we won,” he said.

Roach admits it is tough for an out-and-out fast bowler to excel in sub-continental conditions but also says disciplined bowling will never go unrewarded here.

“You have to be very accurate and consistent as a speedster in the sub-continent but once you start getting wickets, things start working for you. It is tough but a fast bowler’s job has to be done,” he said.

West Indies next take on Bangladesh in Mirpur on March 4 and Roach feels the team will take immense confidence from the win going forward.

“We are very confident after this win and now we go to Bangladesh on a high. We look to win that game as well. I know they are an improving team but we are better than them so we are confident of a win there,” he said

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment